As a dog owner, there is nothing better you can do for your furry friend than make homemade meals for your pup; homemade meals will ensure that your dog is getting all the nutrients that he/she needs to stay healthy and active throughout the day. Some recipes are very easy and simple to make that you can try out for your canine friend.
1. Scooby’s stew
- 1 ½ cups of brown rice
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup of peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Place all the above-mentioned ingredients in a slow cooker. Ensure that the ground turkey is completely covered with the vegetables.
- Cook for 5 hours in the slow cooker.
- Once cooked, you can store the stew in the fridge for up to three days. You can also mix in some bone broth powder into the stew before you cook it.
- 10 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices of bread, cubed
- 2 cups of oat bran
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups of pumpkin puree
- Some salt
- 4 carrots, boiled and mashed
- Kale leaves, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients (above) in a bowl and mix them all. Then roll them into balls.
- Dredge the meatballs in some flour and place it on a baking sheet.
- Put the baking tray with the meatballs in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.
- 4 carrots
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- No Salt Beef Broth
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can of corn
- Sauté the ground beef in a frying pan.
- To the beef, add butter, carrots, corn, and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the beef mixture in a casserole pan and pour the beef broth over it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and let it cook for 30 minutes.
4. Dinner layer cake:
- 2 pounds of chicken
- 1 medium apple
- ½ cup carrots
- 1 Egg with shell
- ½ cup peas
- 1 cup of brown rice
- ½ cup of sweet corn
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Cook the carrots, peas, and corn in a pot till they soften.
- Remove the skin of the apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Mince the chicken by placing it in a food processor.
- Cook the brown rice and mash up all the vegetables. Mix them.
- Pulverize the egg along with the shell. Then blend together the egg, chicken, and chopped apple together.
- Grease a cake pan with some oil, place some of the chicken mixture on it then top it with some of the veggie and rice mix. Alternate between the two and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once cool, you can cut the cake out into slices for your dog to enjoy.