A family RV refers to a recreational vehicle equipped with everything a family needs to live, eat, and play when on vacation, such as cooking equipment, storage, bathroom amenities, entertainment systems, and sleeping quarters. Today’s innovative travel trailers and RVs even come with second-story bedrooms, internet connectivity, fireplaces, and spa bathtubs. Many families are opting for RV vacations so they can travel the country while enjoying the comforts of home.
Regardless of if you plan to buy a new or used RV for sale, here are the top rated family RV options for 2022:
1. Grand Design Transcend Xplor 247BH
The Grand Design Transcend Xplor 247BH is the RV you’ll want to buy if you happen to have a large family. It comes with a 60 by 80 queen bed that can accommodate two average-sized adults, along with two guests on a 69-inch roll over sofa and two kids in a bunk bed. The top features include:
- A standard sized refrigerator
- Residential countertops in the cooking area
- USB ports
- A 3-burner stove
- Enough storage space to handle all your gear
A brand new Transcend retails at around $26,000 USD.
2. Keystone Passport SL 240BHWE
Second on our list of the best family campers of 2022 is the Keystone Passport SL 240BHWE, which can comfortably accommodate five people. It comes with an outdoor kitchen, a queen bed, an entertainment center, and double bunk beds that are ideal for kids or guests. This RV also comes outfitted with:
- A six cubic feet refrigerator
- 4G LTE internet connectivity
- An enclosed polypropylene under-belly
Parents will love the outdoor kitchen, as it provides the convenience of preparing and eating meals while enjoying the great outdoors. The Transcend retails at $30,491 USD.
3. Jayco Jay Feather Micro 171BH
If your family likes taking frequent trips as a unit, you’ll love what the Jayco Jay Feather Micro 171BH has to offer. Its design allows it to accommodate a family of four or five people comfortably. Its main sleeping area lies at the front, with the bunk beds closer to its rear. Some of the additional features include:
- A dinette that transforms into a bed to provide additional sleeping room
- A queen bed that has a nightstand beside it and a folding door for privacy
- Optional fridge upgrade from six to eight cubic feet
- A thirty-two-inch TV with a built-in soundbar
The Feather Micro is ideal for the family that likes to get up and hit the road with ease. It averages $34,911 USD.
4. Rockwood Ultra Lite 2891BH
For large families who want an RV, the bigger the better! If this is your brood, consider the Rockwood Ultra Lite 2891BH, which is designed to fit eight occupants. The Rockwood Ultra Lite is a fifth-wheel camper that’s enormous in terms of its structural size and included features. Step inside to find the following:
- Larger than normal bunk beds (each bunk can accommodate two kids)
- A master bedroom featuring a queen-sized bed, linen closet, and full wardrobe
- Lots of storage space to handle all your items
- A twenty-foot awning
- An outdoor kitchen
The Rockwood Ultra Lite starts at $46,000 USD.
5. Winnebago Vista 27P
Last, but definitely not least, on our list of the best-rated family RVs is the Winnebago Vista 27P. Unlike the other RVs mentioned in this list, the Winnebago is a Class A luxury RV capable of accommodating up to nine people. Apart from being the largest RV on this list, it’s also the most expensive. At this price point you can expect tons of high-end, luxurious amenities, including:
- A spacious bathroom
- A king-sized bed with dressers, and a well-equipped galley
- A V8 engine linked to a TorqShift 6-speed automatic transmission
- Excellent visibility thanks to a large windshield
- A video camera system to help with navigation
The Winnebago Vista 27P starts at $160,000 USD.